rallyroots.com results@rallyroots.com

rally results service

Unless otherwise clearly indicated, results on this site have been declared final and are therefore not subject to query or protest

Slater Stages 2008

Sponsored by Slaters of Dinas & Llangefni

Caernarvonshire & Anglesey Motor Club

24th February 2008

Clerk of the Course: Dylan Humphreys

Stages: 10 Stages

Location: Anglesey Racing Circuit

Starters: 36

Winners: Rob Dick/Chris Jones (Darrian T9)

Rob Dick spent the day testing various set ups for his Darrian and, despite this distraction, came away with a clear win. Having been denied victory at the same venue on the Glyn Memorial in November, when his car failed while leading, Dick and co-driver Chris Jones dominated the event by leading from the first stage and taking fastest time on eight of the ten tests to come home 40 seconds ahead of the field.

Jason Wilson/Jennifer Jones and William Owen/Rob Hopewell battled for second place over the first few stages before Wilson powered away to secure the runner up spot. The Chevette HSR driver survived a damaging encounter with a tyre at a tight chicane on SS5 to then take fastest times on SS7 and SS8.

Top seeds Adrian Spencer/Mark Hewitt, who were using the rally as a shake down for the following week’s Tour of Epynt, had a difficult first few stages. A spin on SS2 resulted in a broken shaft and an off on a tricky uphill blind bend on SS3. The rest of the event proved calmer and they cruised to fourth place.

Chris Philips/Sarah Hughes were battling for a top five finish in their Peugeot 106 and easily leading Class B when an off on SS6 saw them fail to finish the stage. This gave the class lead to Mei Jones/Euros Hughes, but this crew then seemed to have thrown their position away by taking a wrong test on SS8, however the retirement of all other class rivals saw them take the category win at the Finish.

Class A was won by Sion Matthews/Gruffydd Parry, they had led the class from SS1 to the end, that is except for one stage, on SS8 Rob Jones/Peter Buckley briefly put their Mini in front, by just two second.