rallyroots.com results@rallyroots.com

rally results service

Unless otherwise clearly indicated, results on this site have been declared final and are therefore not subject to query or protest

Harry Flatters Rally

Sponsored by Stephens & George Printing

Brecon Motor Club

28th July 2013

Clerk of the Course: Martin Leonard & James Chappelle

Stages: 9 Stages (80 Stage Miles)

Location: Epynt Ranges

Starters: Nat A: 31, Nat B: 79


Category 1 Results

Category 2 Results

Category 3 Results


Mark Straker/Neil Harrison took a remarkable victory on the Harry Flatters Rally overcoming four wheel drive opposition on a damp, and at times, treacherously wet Epynt in his Darrian. Straker was understandably emotional as he completed the final stage and found that he had taken his first rally win as a driver.

The opening stage of the rally suggested that it would be the usual battle for the lead as Damian Cole/Jonathan Griffiths took fastest time. The reigning MSA Asphalt Champion maintained his advantage over the next stage but lost ground on the third.

At this point Peter Lloyd/Neil James took their only fastest time of the day and ended the first lap of three stages in the lead. However, notably, Straker was only two seconds behind the Impreza driver over the stage, the first lengthy one of the day, while Cole couldn’t account for losing more than ten seconds to the leaders.

The next three stages were a repeat of the first lap and it was over these tests that Straker made his break. He took fastest time on all three; this included beating the Bogey by seven seconds on SS6 and despite having to drive through a heavy downpour of SS5. The Farnborough driver arrived at the lunch halt with a twelve second lead over Lloyd, with Cole a further five seconds behind.

Cole made a determined effort to catch the Darrian over the final three long stages, but, despite taking fastest on two of them, 23 seconds down and had to be content with the runner up spot.

Lloyd had planned to attack on the 14 mile long SS7 but the afternoon didn’t go to plan. He had had to change the engine in the car the day before the event and failed to get on the pace, this included an overshoot on the final test. He finished in third more than a minute behind Cole.

John Indri had started well, taking fastest time on SS2, and had just been behind the lead battle until he was forced out with a cracked bell housing on his Darrian after SS6, at which point he was holding fourth place.

Osian Pryce continued his busy schedule. He took fifth place and secured the young driver of the day award.

Christopher Jones made a spectacular exit to the rally, rolling his Focus ST between Four Ways Bridge and the Telephone Exchange on SS6.